Top post for Navy man
A NAVAL warrant officer who grew up in Chatteris and became an MBE because of his charity work has been appointed the most senior warrant officer in the Royal Navy. The post gives him responsibility for representing the views and concerns of the navy s 28
A NAVAL warrant officer who grew up in Chatteris and became an MBE because of his charity work has been appointed the most senior warrant officer in the Royal Navy.
The post gives him responsibility for representing the views and concerns of the navy's 28,000 ratings.
Warrant officer Adrian Parsons, known as Vic, is the command warrant officer for the RN's top personnel man Second Sea Lord Vice Admiral Adrian Johns.
Based in the Second Sea Lord's HQ in Portsmouth Naval Base, Adrian, 46, is the most senior representative of all the navy's ratings.
You may also want to watch:
The main purpose of his job is to pass feedback about any issues of concern from the RN's ratings to the Second Sea Lord.
He will also accompany the Admiral on his many visits across the country and worldwide.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
He said: "I am aware that to have the ear, on a daily basis, of one of the most senior officers in the Navy is a huge responsibility and I hope that I will be able to do it justice."
Adrian joined the RN in 1976 as a junior seaman and his service has included the post of physical training instructor for the newly-built HMS Invincible in 1980, which took him to the Falkland Islands, and also Hong Kong for three years.
Adrian, who now lives in Gosport with his family, was born in Chatteris, the second son of Jack and Joan Parsons.
His mother and other family members still live in the town. Adrian attended Cromwell Community College, which he left in 1975 to join the Navy.