‘Tories called me a one trick pony- well this one trick pony is back for four years’ says Patrick
TAXI drivers’ boss Dave Patrick who won his seat on Fenland Council in a by-election has retained it for the Liberal Democrats.
Mr Patrick beat off both Tory and Labour opposition to keep his Kirkgate seat on the council.
“The one trick pony is back again,” he said. “I was referred to as a one trick pony last night by Kit Owen- well he’s got me for another four years at Fenland Hall.”
Cllr Patrick said he was asked to do a local radio interview this morning on the basis that “they think I’m such a rarity these days, a Lib Dem who has won something.”
“It shows that if you work hard for people they will support you.”
Bob Lawrence (Con): 233
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 8 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Dave Patrick (Lib Dem): 311
John White (Lab) 96
There was no surprise in Doddington where businessman David Connor had a stroll in the park against Lib Dem Jan Feekins.
David Connor (Con) 554
Jan Feekins (Lib Dem) 169