‘Tories called me a one trick pony- well this one trick pony is back for four years’ says Patrick
TAXI drivers’ boss Dave Patrick who won his seat on Fenland Council in a by-election has retained it for the Liberal Democrats.
Mr Patrick beat off both Tory and Labour opposition to keep his Kirkgate seat on the council.
“The one trick pony is back again,” he said. “I was referred to as a one trick pony last night by Kit Owen- well he’s got me for another four years at Fenland Hall.”
Cllr Patrick said he was asked to do a local radio interview this morning on the basis that “they think I’m such a rarity these days, a Lib Dem who has won something.”
“It shows that if you work hard for people they will support you.”
You may also want to watch:
Bob Lawrence (Con): 233
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Dave Patrick (Lib Dem): 311
John White (Lab) 96
There was no surprise in Doddington where businessman David Connor had a stroll in the park against Lib Dem Jan Feekins.
David Connor (Con) 554
Jan Feekins (Lib Dem) 169