‘Tories called me a one trick pony- well this one trick pony is back for four years’ says Patrick
TAXI drivers’ boss Dave Patrick who won his seat on Fenland Council in a by-election has retained it for the Liberal Democrats.
Mr Patrick beat off both Tory and Labour opposition to keep his Kirkgate seat on the council.
“The one trick pony is back again,” he said. “I was referred to as a one trick pony last night by Kit Owen- well he’s got me for another four years at Fenland Hall.”
Cllr Patrick said he was asked to do a local radio interview this morning on the basis that “they think I’m such a rarity these days, a Lib Dem who has won something.”
“It shows that if you work hard for people they will support you.”
You may also want to watch:
Bob Lawrence (Con): 233
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
Dave Patrick (Lib Dem): 311
John White (Lab) 96
There was no surprise in Doddington where businessman David Connor had a stroll in the park against Lib Dem Jan Feekins.
David Connor (Con) 554
Jan Feekins (Lib Dem) 169