‘Tories called me a one trick pony- well this one trick pony is back for four years’ says Patrick
TAXI drivers’ boss Dave Patrick who won his seat on Fenland Council in a by-election has retained it for the Liberal Democrats.
Mr Patrick beat off both Tory and Labour opposition to keep his Kirkgate seat on the council.
“The one trick pony is back again,” he said. “I was referred to as a one trick pony last night by Kit Owen- well he’s got me for another four years at Fenland Hall.”
Cllr Patrick said he was asked to do a local radio interview this morning on the basis that “they think I’m such a rarity these days, a Lib Dem who has won something.”
“It shows that if you work hard for people they will support you.”
Bob Lawrence (Con): 233
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 5 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
Dave Patrick (Lib Dem): 311
John White (Lab) 96
There was no surprise in Doddington where businessman David Connor had a stroll in the park against Lib Dem Jan Feekins.
David Connor (Con) 554
Jan Feekins (Lib Dem) 169