Torrential rain forces organisers to cancel Pymoor Show
TORRENTIAL overnight rained has forced organisers of the popular annual Pymoor Show to cancel the event, less than 24 hours before it was due to start.
The village showground was waterlogged when event officials visited today following more than 20mm of overnight rain and further deluges due for the afternoon left organisers with no choice but to call it off.
Co-organiser John Pinnells told the Ely Standard: “We have had to make 150 phone calls to people telling them that it is off which is incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.
“When we visited the showground on Thursday we were wearing shorts and caps to keep the sun out of our eyes but it started to rain from about 1am on Friday and it just didn’t stop.
“We drove seven or eight cars onto the field and it began cutting up straight away so we would have ended up with a mudbath.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was due to take place for the 14th time on Saturday (July 7) with a host of entertainment including the Essex Dogs Display Team, Ye Olde Redtail Falconry Display Team, Ferretworld Roadshow, miniature horses, clay shoot, family pet dog show and a vintage vehicle parade scheduled.
For more information visit www.pymoorshow.com
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police