Torrential rain forces organisers to cancel Pymoor Show
TORRENTIAL overnight rained has forced organisers of the popular annual Pymoor Show to cancel the event, less than 24 hours before it was due to start.
The village showground was waterlogged when event officials visited today following more than 20mm of overnight rain and further deluges due for the afternoon left organisers with no choice but to call it off.
Co-organiser John Pinnells told the Ely Standard: “We have had to make 150 phone calls to people telling them that it is off which is incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.
“When we visited the showground on Thursday we were wearing shorts and caps to keep the sun out of our eyes but it started to rain from about 1am on Friday and it just didn’t stop.
“We drove seven or eight cars onto the field and it began cutting up straight away so we would have ended up with a mudbath.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was due to take place for the 14th time on Saturday (July 7) with a host of entertainment including the Essex Dogs Display Team, Ye Olde Redtail Falconry Display Team, Ferretworld Roadshow, miniature horses, clay shoot, family pet dog show and a vintage vehicle parade scheduled.
For more information visit www.pymoorshow.com
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met