Torrential rain forces organisers to cancel Pymoor Show
TORRENTIAL overnight rained has forced organisers of the popular annual Pymoor Show to cancel the event, less than 24 hours before it was due to start.
The village showground was waterlogged when event officials visited today following more than 20mm of overnight rain and further deluges due for the afternoon left organisers with no choice but to call it off.
Co-organiser John Pinnells told the Ely Standard: “We have had to make 150 phone calls to people telling them that it is off which is incredibly frustrating for everyone involved.
“When we visited the showground on Thursday we were wearing shorts and caps to keep the sun out of our eyes but it started to rain from about 1am on Friday and it just didn’t stop.
“We drove seven or eight cars onto the field and it began cutting up straight away so we would have ended up with a mudbath.”
The event was due to take place for the 14th time on Saturday (July 7) with a host of entertainment including the Essex Dogs Display Team, Ye Olde Redtail Falconry Display Team, Ferretworld Roadshow, miniature horses, clay shoot, family pet dog show and a vintage vehicle parade scheduled.
For more information visit www.pymoorshow.com
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Missing woman back home
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash