Tories suspend Cambridgeshire council candidate for offensive tweets
- Credit: Archant
A Tory council candidate from Cambridgeshire has been suspended by his party - a week before polling day – for offensive comments made on Twitter.
Comments allegedly composed by George Stoakley, 23, who is standing as a candidate at Fen Ditton and Fulbourn, included one saying that he was “sweating like a Jew in an attic”.
Another tweet, from four years ago, has him allegedly stating that “some people call it aids, I just call it weaponised semen’.”
And tweet from four years ago said that would want to be “‘want to be a parent by 27, not a grand dad”.
He added: “What the f*** getting pregnant at 11, and giving birth at 12 dirty little s*** should have the child taken away.’”
You may also want to watch:
A Labour Party spokesman said they were shocked to read the comments.
“We understand he has been suspended form the Conservative Party pending an investigation and no longer appears on their list of official candidates.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
“It is too late for his nomination to be withdrawn and he will appear on the ballot paper on May 3.
“We would call on all residents of Fen Ditton and Fulbourn not to vote for George Stoakley. There is no place for these views in South Cambridgeshire.”
The spokesman added; “We have run a positive campaign addressing the concerns of residents”.