Colin, 84, reveals the final total from his vintage cycle fundraiser
Vintage cycle enthusiast Colin Bedford now knows the total raised from his charity ride - and says he is “amazed” by the amount.
The 84-year-old has revealed the final figure was £3,000 which has been split between Diabetes UK and the eye clinic at Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
He said: “I’m amazed by the total, I never thought that much would be raised!
“Thank you to everyone who donated. The pandemic means we can’t do an official cheque presentation but the money has been handed over.”
Over five days in September, Colin cycled five miles on a different vintage bicycle from including a 1865 ‘boneshaker’ to a 1943 Second World War parachutists’ bicycle.
The overall distance he covered was the equivalent of a journey to the hospital from March.
And Colin is already thinking of his next charity fundraiser.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
He said: “Tell everyone to ‘watch this space’ - because I’ll definitely be doing another fundraising activity in the new year.”