Tough Economic Decisions
I KNOW we are in difficult economic times but there is one easy decision that could spare a lot of the ‘tough ones’.
I KNOW we are in difficult economic times but there is one easy decision that could spare a lot of the ‘tough ones’. A tax on the banks could raise �20 billion in the UK to help those hit by the financial crisis in this country and around the world. For every cut I hear the Government announce I keep asking: could a tax on the banks have paid for that?
The situation we find ourselves in started in the financial sector and we spent �1.4 trillion bailing them out. We are all paying for a party we weren’t quite invited to. I want to see my MP and leaders start fighting for a tax that would make Robin Hood proud.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 9 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell