Tough Economic Decisions
I KNOW we are in difficult economic times but there is one easy decision that could spare a lot of the ‘tough ones’.
I KNOW we are in difficult economic times but there is one easy decision that could spare a lot of the ‘tough ones’. A tax on the banks could raise �20 billion in the UK to help those hit by the financial crisis in this country and around the world. For every cut I hear the Government announce I keep asking: could a tax on the banks have paid for that?
The situation we find ourselves in started in the financial sector and we spent �1.4 trillion bailing them out. We are all paying for a party we weren’t quite invited to. I want to see my MP and leaders start fighting for a tax that would make Robin Hood proud.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’