Parents and community invited to watch Tough Love
- Credit: Fenland District Council
A new theatre production promoting healthy relationships will be touring Fenland colleges.
Tough Love, a play that raises awareness around coercive control and domestic abuse in teenage relationships, is being performed to Year 9 and 10 students at Octavia Academy and Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech, Cromwell Community College in Chatteris and the Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey.
The Fenland Community Safety Partnership (CSP) has commissioned the performances as part of its ongoing efforts to raise awareness of the issues in schools and with the public.
Parents, carers and professionals who work with young people are also being invited to a free, adult-only evening performance of the play being held at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech, on Thursday, October 4, at 6pm.
Tough Love tells the story of 15-year-old Becka and her relationship with her violent and controlling boyfriend Danny.
You may also want to watch:
The play, which has been seen by hundreds of young people around the UK, is followed by a post-show talk with the actors.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November