Parents and community invited to watch Tough Love
- Credit: Fenland District Council
A new theatre production promoting healthy relationships will be touring Fenland colleges.
Tough Love, a play that raises awareness around coercive control and domestic abuse in teenage relationships, is being performed to Year 9 and 10 students at Octavia Academy and Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech, Cromwell Community College in Chatteris and the Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey.
The Fenland Community Safety Partnership (CSP) has commissioned the performances as part of its ongoing efforts to raise awareness of the issues in schools and with the public.
Parents, carers and professionals who work with young people are also being invited to a free, adult-only evening performance of the play being held at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech, on Thursday, October 4, at 6pm.
Tough Love tells the story of 15-year-old Becka and her relationship with her violent and controlling boyfriend Danny.
The play, which has been seen by hundreds of young people around the UK, is followed by a post-show talk with the actors.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 10 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body