Toughing it out on a mud run at Doddington
- Credit: Archant
An action packed mud run was held in Doddington with natural obstacles and water courses.
Washbrook Farm at Doddington played host to an Insane Terrain Mud Run and taking part were several members of No Fad Fitness based in March.
The group have spent several months preparing for this event during their regular circuit training sessions and on Sunday morning fit trail sessions where they have practiced crossing a variety of natural obstacles and water courses.
Mud runs and obstacle races have become hugely popular in recent months with many different companies offering a variety of challenging events throughout the year.
Their popular appeal is mainly through groups of friends or work colleagues taking part for fun and as a fantastic ways to challenge functional fitness by combining running ability with the strength and mobility required to tackle the obstacles scattered throughout each course.
You may also want to watch:
From the No Fad Fitness group, all of whom completed the longer 10km course, Justin Moore finished in 1hr16mins, Sean Beamon in 1hr17mins and Zoe Moore in 1hr17mins making her the 39th placed female.
No Fad Fitness runs at Neale Wade Academy on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 8:30pm.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4