Tournament proves a knockout for Fenland village youngsters
THE Friends of Benwick Sports Committee held its annual It’s A Knockout tournament for children aged between seven and 14.
In total 41 children entered the contest in teams of six or seven to enjoy silly games like standing in bucket of baked beans, apple bobbing and fishing lumps of rhubarb of cold custard.
The purple team was victorious.
The next event is the annual village sports day on Saturday June 25 from 1pm on the school field. It is open to children who have lived in Benwick from pre-school to Year 11.
The committee is in desperate need of a shed to store equipment when it is not in use and is holding numerous fundraising events throughout the year. Donations are also welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
CONTACT: Mary Tyler via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Ex-employee ordered to pay £2k after losing ‘age discrimination’ case
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Drink driver reported after village crash
- 9 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 10 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award