Town council says it cannot support homes which look like ‘ugly office blocks’
A TOWN council has described as “ugly office blocks” the design of six, 4/5 bedroom state of the art workplace homes.
Chatteris Town Council says it cannot bring itself to support the new development south of 3 Albert Way, Chatteris which are “not of the traditional design” found in other workplace homes locally.
However planners at Fenland Hall disagree and next Wednesday they will be recommending the scheme, by Lemontree Land Ltd, gets the green light.
The three storey homes will have, at ground floor, a garage, workplace and bedroom/study. At first floor would be living space and the bedrooms would be on the second floor.
A report to next week’s planning committee says the home are of “contemporary appearance whilst partially demonstrating elements of art deco architecture.
“Their appearance could be termed ‘non domestic’ and they are stark in their appearance. However these features are, it is considered, an appropriate transition from the more traditional dwelling houses to the factory unit at the end of the road.”
Three letters of objection will be considered raising issues such as overdevelopment to claims there is insufficient parking.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'