Town council says it cannot support homes which look like ‘ugly office blocks’
A TOWN council has described as “ugly office blocks” the design of six, 4/5 bedroom state of the art workplace homes.
Chatteris Town Council says it cannot bring itself to support the new development south of 3 Albert Way, Chatteris which are “not of the traditional design” found in other workplace homes locally.
However planners at Fenland Hall disagree and next Wednesday they will be recommending the scheme, by Lemontree Land Ltd, gets the green light.
The three storey homes will have, at ground floor, a garage, workplace and bedroom/study. At first floor would be living space and the bedrooms would be on the second floor.
A report to next week’s planning committee says the home are of “contemporary appearance whilst partially demonstrating elements of art deco architecture.
You may also want to watch:
“Their appearance could be termed ‘non domestic’ and they are stark in their appearance. However these features are, it is considered, an appropriate transition from the more traditional dwelling houses to the factory unit at the end of the road.”
Three letters of objection will be considered raising issues such as overdevelopment to claims there is insufficient parking.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 4 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 5 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 6 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 7 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 8 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'