Town is good enough for some, but not all
I REFER to last week s letter from Patricia Goodenough. So the retail facilities in March are not good enough? Did she walk round with her eyes shut before she moved here? If the town she came from was so marvellous why did she come to March? With regard
I REFER to last week's letter from Patricia Goodenough. So the retail facilities in March are not good enough? Did she walk round with her eyes shut before she moved here? If the town she came from was so marvellous why did she come to March?
With regard to the Boots and Woolworth's not being big enough, how does she think they can expand? They are sufficient for most people's needs.
Maybe Patricia has the money to afford Costas and Starbucks prices for coffee. There are plenty of homely little cafes and many posher restaurants here. Perhaps she should pack her bags and move pack to the town which is Goodenough for her, where she came from.
We moved to March nine years ago and in the words of my little granddaughter, who is seven years old and lives in Ashford, 'March is a lovely little town'. We do not need snobby people like Patricia Goodenough coming here running it down.
You may also want to watch:
St Wendreda's Drive
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 7 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 8 Cross party review says 39 councillors for Fenland not enough -three more needed
- 9 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 10 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
WELL Patricia Goodenough, I do agree with you. It is not 'goodenough' driving through March.
I feel that empty shops are not the right image to encourage visitors to shop the town. Is there a reason for this? Would it be the high rents being asked for? Or can it be the parking of cars when shopping?