Town is good enough for some, but not all
I REFER to last week s letter from Patricia Goodenough. So the retail facilities in March are not good enough? Did she walk round with her eyes shut before she moved here? If the town she came from was so marvellous why did she come to March? With regard
I REFER to last week's letter from Patricia Goodenough. So the retail facilities in March are not good enough? Did she walk round with her eyes shut before she moved here? If the town she came from was so marvellous why did she come to March?
With regard to the Boots and Woolworth's not being big enough, how does she think they can expand? They are sufficient for most people's needs.
Maybe Patricia has the money to afford Costas and Starbucks prices for coffee. There are plenty of homely little cafes and many posher restaurants here. Perhaps she should pack her bags and move pack to the town which is Goodenough for her, where she came from.
We moved to March nine years ago and in the words of my little granddaughter, who is seven years old and lives in Ashford, 'March is a lovely little town'. We do not need snobby people like Patricia Goodenough coming here running it down.
St Wendreda's Drive
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 3 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 4 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 5 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 6 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 7 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 8 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 9 The Queen's Head named 'Cambridgeshire's best pub'
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
WELL Patricia Goodenough, I do agree with you. It is not 'goodenough' driving through March.
I feel that empty shops are not the right image to encourage visitors to shop the town. Is there a reason for this? Would it be the high rents being asked for? Or can it be the parking of cars when shopping?