Townies Carriage Hire ‘deeply upset’ after a man trapped under glass hearse carriage in Chatteris is airlifted to hospital
- Credit: Archant
A man was airlifted to hospital in Chatteris yesterday morning after being trapped under a glass hearse carriage owned by Townies Carriage Hire.
An ambulance crew, ambulance officer, rapid response vehicle, and Magpas air ambulance were dispatched to the incident, said an East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) spokesman.
“We received a call at 11.35am yesterday to Tick Fen, Chatteris, to a report of a man who was trapped under a horse carriage.
“They treated a man, believed to be in his 40s, who had suffered a serious leg injury.
“He was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for further treatment.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters from Chatteris and Ramsey, as well as a rescue vehicle from Dogsthorpe, attended and used airbags and mechanical equipment to free the man.
A spokesman for Townies Carriage Hire said: “We are deeply upset by this very serious incident and we are doing all we can to support, a much loved and respected member of the team, and his family through this difficult time. We will continue to be in regular contact with the man’s family.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend