Tractors are stolen from dealership
FOUR tractors worth a total of more than £200,000 have been stolen in Coates. They were taken from Anker of Coates, a workshop on March Road between 11.30pm on Friday and 4am Saturday. Steve Trostler, sales manager, said: It must have been a well-organis
FOUR tractors worth a total of more than £200,000 have been stolen in Coates.
They were taken from Anker of Coates, a workshop on March Road between 11.30pm on Friday and 4am Saturday.
Steve Trostler, sales manager, said: "It must have been a well-organised operation because tractors can't be the easiest things in the world to steal.
"I presume they would have had a lorry nearby to take them away."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "I've never had a tractor stolen before but I know that they are targeted because they are such high-value items. A tractor is stolen somewhere around the country once every three months or so."
Pc Andrew Harcup-Rudd said: "All four tractors are green with yellow wheels, so quite distinctive.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
"I am appealing for any witnesses who may have past the tractor dealership overnight and seen anything suspicious to come forward.
"Were you a motorist on the A605 in the Whittlesey to March area on Friday night? If so, did you see a tractor either on the side of the road? Any information might prove helpful."
CONTACT: Pc Harcup-Rudd at March Police Station on 0845 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.