Traffic calming funding bid to be made for a busy road in March
- Credit: Archant
A county councillor is asking for funding to provide traffic calming on Norwood and Hundred Road areas of March.
Steve Count will be asking Cambridgeshire County Council for the funds as part of an annual money pot to give local communities a chance to bid for minor highways improvements to their area.
March Town Council will next month decide which funding bids they wish to put forward.
County councillor Steve Count said: “This provides an excellent opportunity for the people of March to let their councillors know which schemes they would like to have considered by the Town Council, which only has the opportunity to put forward one scheme a year.
“Successful schemes to date have been the footpath on the corner of Elwyn Road, the reduction in the speed limit on Wisbech Road through Westry and last year’s winner was safety improvements to Wisbech Road from Little London to the A141 roundabouts, including a speed reduction to 30mph.
You may also want to watch:
“These latest winners are programmed in for delivery this year. For this year’s bid I will be promoting traffic calming measures to help reduce speeding and larger lorries impacting on the populations that live on Norwood and Hundred Road areas.
“I would appreciate any emails or letters of support to help in my bid also attendance on the night would be useful.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
The scheme is open to any community group.
March Town Council can only put forward one scheme but any March group can also put forward a scheme.
Cllr Count said: “The rules are it must be for a highways improvement in March. You can bid for up to £10,000 County Council funding. You must match fund at least 10% of the bid value.”
For details contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town Council meeting is on Monday July 7 at 7.15pm at the Town Hall.