Traffic held up as trailer over turns on the outskirts of Ely - luckily no one was injured
- Credit: Archant
A trailer has overturned on one of Ely’s busiest junctions today.
The trailer tipped over near to the BP garage on the outskirts of the city and at its junction with the A142.
Ely Standard reader Andrew House took these photos shortly after the incident.
He said: “It was a huge trailer – and has left a nasty imprint on the ground. Luckily no cyclists were there at the time.”
Recovery vehicles are on their way to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Last week a councillor called for tractors to be banned or their speed reduced through East Cambs villages.
It followed an incident last Sunday when a tractor and trailer overturned into two cottages in Wilburton.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Councillor Bill Hunt said it was appropriate for the county council to look at safety issues following that incident.
Maize is being transported on many Fen roads to be used in local AD plants.