Traffic lights to be installed on junction of Manea Road B1093 and the A141 Isle of Ely Way starting this Monday
- Credit: Archant
Work to install traffic lights at an accident blackspot on the A141 Isle of Ely Way between Chatteris and March will begin on Monday (March 5).
The work to improve road safety at the junction of Manea Road B1093 and the A141 Isle of Ely Way will last five weeks and is part of a £1.5m improvement programme.
The junction has a history of collisions and is categorised as an injury collision cluster site, one of 88 across the county.
The road safety improvement scheme will see new traffic lights installed to provide control for those vehicles turning into and out of Manea Road.
The new signals are expected to significantly reduce risk for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists using the junction.
You may also want to watch:
To ensure safety, the work will be carried out under three-way temporary traffic lights between 9.30am and 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Resurfacing of the junction will be completed as part of planned major road maintenance along Manea Road and Isle of Ely Way in May and will be carried out under night time closures.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom