Traffic lights to be installed on junction of Manea Road B1093 and the A141 Isle of Ely Way starting this Monday
- Credit: Archant
Work to install traffic lights at an accident blackspot on the A141 Isle of Ely Way between Chatteris and March will begin on Monday (March 5).
The work to improve road safety at the junction of Manea Road B1093 and the A141 Isle of Ely Way will last five weeks and is part of a £1.5m improvement programme.
The junction has a history of collisions and is categorised as an injury collision cluster site, one of 88 across the county.
The road safety improvement scheme will see new traffic lights installed to provide control for those vehicles turning into and out of Manea Road.
The new signals are expected to significantly reduce risk for pedestrians, cyclists and motorists using the junction.
You may also want to watch:
To ensure safety, the work will be carried out under three-way temporary traffic lights between 9.30am and 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Resurfacing of the junction will be completed as part of planned major road maintenance along Manea Road and Isle of Ely Way in May and will be carried out under night time closures.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?