Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- Credit: SUFFOLK POLICE
The A1065 near RAF Lakenheath has reopened after a five-vehicle crash blocked the road.
Mildenhall police announced the road had reopened at around 9.30am after the collision blocked the road throughout rush hour.
Officers thanked security forces from the American airbase for putting extra patrols on the gates to help people get onto the base.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the crash blocked the road between the junction with the B1112 in Eriswell and the US Air Force base.
Police were called just after 7am to reports of a four-vehicle crash, but when officers arrived on the scene they discovered the collision had actually involved five vehicles.
Officers from Mildenhall police informed the public they were working to remove two "badly damaged" cars from the road, but said no injuries had been reported.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 5 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 6 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 9 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 10 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed