Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- Credit: Archant
Motorists will face extra time onto their journeys as a key Fenland road is due to close.
The A141 March Road between the A47 Guyhirn roundabout and the A605 junction towards Whittlesey over two weekends this month will be temporarily closed.
The closure will be in place between Friday, January 14 and Monday, January 17 between 8pm and 6am each night, and between January 21-24 during the same times.
It will then be reopened during daylight hours.
Highways England said the closure is down to resurfacing and repair work on the existing road surface.
It said: “While we try to minimise any disruption and noise from our works, there may be some unavoidable noise such as reversing bleepers on vehicles.
“If you are a resident and need access to and from your property, please speak to the operative at the closure point and they will escort you to your home.”
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 6 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Motorists heading northbound towards Wisbech are advised to take the A605 westbound through Whittlesey towards Peterborough.
Traffic will then be diverted to the A1139 and the A15 to pass Peterborough, before heading on the A47 eastbound through Thorney and reaching the Guyhirn roundabout.
Southbound traffic will follow the diversion route in reverse.
Those local to the area may find a shorter diversion route.