Man in his 50s seriously injured in A47 crash
- Credit: Google
Drivers were asked to avoid the A47 near King's Lynn following a serious crash.
Police were called to the road, between the Hardwick roundabout and the Pullover roundabout, at 5am today (April 4) following a collision that involved a white Piaggio Vespa Primavera moped and a grey BMW.
The rider of the moped, a man in his 50s, has been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn with serious injuries. He has since been transferred to Addenbrookes Hospital where he remains.
The driver of the BMW, a man aged in his 60s suffered no injuries.
He has been arrested in connection with the incident and taken to King’s Lynn police station for questioning.
The westbound carriageway was closed as well as Constitution Hill, the Hardwick roundabout and the slip road from Saddlebow.
All roads are now open.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
A diversion was in place via the A10 to Stow Bardolph then on the A1122 to Outwell and the A1101 to meet the A47 at Wisbech.
Police are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has any dashcam footage to come forward.
Anyone with information should contact PC James Haslam in the Roads and Armed Policing Team via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on 101 quoting incident 41 of April 4, 2022.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Norfolk traffic map.
Join our Norfolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Norfolk.