Woman dies after crash between van and car
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A woman in her 20s from Wisbech has died following a collision on the A605 this morning (Thursday June 3).
The incident, involving a black Vauxhall Astra and a white Ford Transit van, happened at just after 6.15am between Coates and March.
Emergency services attended but the driver of the car died at the scene.
The driver of the van, a 54-year-old man from Spalding, Lincolnshire, was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 2 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 3 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 4 Drink driver arrested after village crash
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 7 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 8 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 9 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 10 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend