Woman dies after crash between van and car
- Credit: © Terry Harris
A woman in her 20s from Wisbech has died following a collision on the A605 this morning (Thursday June 3).
The incident, involving a black Vauxhall Astra and a white Ford Transit van, happened at just after 6.15am between Coates and March.
Emergency services attended but the driver of the car died at the scene.
The driver of the van, a 54-year-old man from Spalding, Lincolnshire, was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
There were no passengers in either vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses, dashcam footage or anyone who saw the vehicles in the moments leading up to the incident.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 5 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 6 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 7 'Marvellous' Lilian celebrates 103rd birthday
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 10 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders