WATCH: View from the air of March and Manea station works
- Credit: Aerial Cam
A bird’s eye view of two railway developments in the Fens has been captured on video.
Aerial Cam has filmed works being carried out as part of a regeneration of March and Manea rail stations.
The Railway Station Masterplans programme is being delivered with £9.5million of funding from the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
Mayor Dr Nik Johnson said: “Regenerating railways stations for the Fenland community remains a top priority.
“I’m delighted that the results of very good partnership working can be seen on the ground – and from the air.”
The upgrade work at March is due to finish by the end of this year.
A new ticket hall and waiting area, accessible modern toilet facilities, and an extended car park are included.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
At Manea, a new station bike and car park is being built, with over 100 car parking spaces and a new cycle shelter, CCTV, and low energy lighting.
Cllr Chris Seaton, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for transport, said: “The programme is all about making our Hereward railway stations more welcoming for visitors and commuters.”