WATCH: View from the air of March and Manea station works
- Credit: Aerial Cam
A bird’s eye view of two railway developments in the Fens has been captured on video.
Aerial Cam has filmed works being carried out as part of a regeneration of March and Manea rail stations.
The Railway Station Masterplans programme is being delivered with £9.5million of funding from the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority.
Mayor Dr Nik Johnson said: “Regenerating railways stations for the Fenland community remains a top priority.
“I’m delighted that the results of very good partnership working can be seen on the ground – and from the air.”
The upgrade work at March is due to finish by the end of this year.
A new ticket hall and waiting area, accessible modern toilet facilities, and an extended car park are included.
- 1 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 2 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Whistleblower shares story of bullying, fatigue and 'dangerous' hours at ambulance service
- 4 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 5 Cannabis, cash and knives discovered after police raids in Whittlesey
- 6 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 7 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
At Manea, a new station bike and car park is being built, with over 100 car parking spaces and a new cycle shelter, CCTV, and low energy lighting.
Cllr Chris Seaton, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder for transport, said: “The programme is all about making our Hereward railway stations more welcoming for visitors and commuters.”