Brace yourselves for two days of closure of the A47 between Guyhirn and Thorney Toll as safety improvements are carried out
- Credit: Archant
The A47 between Guyhirn and Thorney will be closed next Tuesday and Wednesday as highway engineers install extra safety signs and road markings.
Diversions will be in place and, says Highways England, will be well sign posted.
The safety improvements will be made at Thorney Toll.
A Highways England spokesman said: “We are installing extra signs and road markings along this stretch of the A47 at Thorney Toll, where there have been a number of incidents.
“We will be working between 9pm and 6am and expect to be finished by Friday February 12.
You may also want to watch:
“There will be traffic lights in place while we are working between Thorney and Guyhirn.
“The road will be closed while we are working to replace studs in the centre of the road on Tuesday February 9 and Wednesday February 10.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The agency says there will be “a clearly signed diversion in place where eastbound traffic will exit before Thorney to head south at Whitepost roundabout”.
Traffic will then take the A1139 to Fletton Interchange, then east on the A605 towards Whittlesey, continuing through Coates and heading north to Guyhirn, then north on the A141 and re-joining the A47 at the A141 Guyhirn roundabout.
The diversion will be the reverse for westbound traffic.