Road blocked after HGV driver comes to grief
- Credit: Peter Haigh
A lorry leaving an industrial area overshot a road tonight and ended up in a ditch opposite the entrance.
One resident who was in Broad Lane, Cottenham, shortly after the incident urged others to stay clear of the area for a while.
Recovery teams were soon on the scene to begin extracting the driver and his cab from the ditch.
It was not immediately clear how an everyday day manoeuvre to turn right ended so badly.
The driver would probably not have enjoyed the banter on a local social media forum.
It echoed to the cries of ‘you can park there, mate’.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 5 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 6 Pre-inquest reveals hedgerow visibility may have been issue in A141 crash
- 7 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 8 House fire death in Whittlesey 'accidental'
- 9 Couple up for the challenge as new high street shop launched
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge