Eight mile delays on A142 due to water leak
- Credit: Archant
Eight mile delays from the A142 in Sutton to Chatteris have been caused by emergency works to repair a water leak.
Temporary traffic lights on Ely Road are in place by Anglian Water.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: "LONG DELAYS for eastbound traffic, with queues currently as far back as #Chatteris.
"Please expect delays."
Disgruntled motorists took to social media earlier this morning to express their anger.
You may also want to watch:
One commented: "Let's wait until it floods at Welney so the A142 is already extra busy, and then dig it up.
"It might be emergency works driven by Anglia Water, but seriously? It just shows how paralysed the region is when the A142 is shut."
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
Another added: "Just been sat here for 15 minutes and no movement."