Eight mile delays on A142 due to water leak
- Credit: Archant
Eight mile delays from the A142 in Sutton to Chatteris have been caused by emergency works to repair a water leak.
Temporary traffic lights on Ely Road are in place by Anglian Water.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: "LONG DELAYS for eastbound traffic, with queues currently as far back as #Chatteris.
"Please expect delays."
Disgruntled motorists took to social media earlier this morning to express their anger.
One commented: "Let's wait until it floods at Welney so the A142 is already extra busy, and then dig it up.
"It might be emergency works driven by Anglia Water, but seriously? It just shows how paralysed the region is when the A142 is shut."
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Motorcyclist killed after driver fell asleep at the wheel
- 3 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 4 Man arrested following Peterborough 'murder'
- 5 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 6 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 9 The Queen's Head named 'Cambridgeshire's best pub'
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Another added: "Just been sat here for 15 minutes and no movement."