Eight mile delays on A142 due to water leak
- Credit: Archant
Eight mile delays from the A142 in Sutton to Chatteris have been caused by emergency works to repair a water leak.
Temporary traffic lights on Ely Road are in place by Anglian Water.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: "LONG DELAYS for eastbound traffic, with queues currently as far back as #Chatteris.
"Please expect delays."
Disgruntled motorists took to social media earlier this morning to express their anger.
You may also want to watch:
One commented: "Let's wait until it floods at Welney so the A142 is already extra busy, and then dig it up.
"It might be emergency works driven by Anglia Water, but seriously? It just shows how paralysed the region is when the A142 is shut."
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
Another added: "Just been sat here for 15 minutes and no movement."