Eight mile delays on A142 due to water leak
- Credit: Archant
Eight mile delays from the A142 in Sutton to Chatteris have been caused by emergency works to repair a water leak.
Temporary traffic lights on Ely Road are in place by Anglian Water.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: "LONG DELAYS for eastbound traffic, with queues currently as far back as #Chatteris.
"Please expect delays."
Disgruntled motorists took to social media earlier this morning to express their anger.
You may also want to watch:
One commented: "Let's wait until it floods at Welney so the A142 is already extra busy, and then dig it up.
"It might be emergency works driven by Anglia Water, but seriously? It just shows how paralysed the region is when the A142 is shut."
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 10 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
Another added: "Just been sat here for 15 minutes and no movement."