Police close road as firefighters tackle building blaze near A605
- Credit: Twitter/@CambsFRS
Police closed the A605 in Cambridgeshire this morning while firefighters dealt with a large blaze at an outbuilding near March.
Pictures show what looks to be two buildings well alight on the Goosetree Estate near Ring’s End earlier today (April 21).
The road was closed in both directions while fire crews got the blaze, which looks to have destroyed a car, under control.
Within the last few minutes, police have confirmed that the “A605 at Ring’s End has now reopened”.
Earlier this morning, a spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The A605 is currently closed in both directions around the Ring’s End area due to fire.
“Please avoid the area and await further updates.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Crews from Stanground, Thorney, March and Wisbech are currently tackling a building fire near Goosetree.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 3 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 4 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 8 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
“They’ve been at the scene since the early hours of the morning after our control was alerted just after 6.30am.”
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Cambridgeshire traffic map.
Join our Cambridgeshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Cambridgeshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: email@example.com