Motorist escapes serious injury after Sixteen Foot Bank crash
- Credit: Facebook/Policing Fenland
A motorist was lucky to escape serious injury after losing control of their car on the Sixteen Foot Bank today (Friday).
Images show the Vauxhall Corsa with a smashed windscreen while the front was also damaged after veering off the road at Stonea.
The inside of the car was also ruined, but despite this, the male driver left with just a minor injury.
Writing on the Policing Fenland Facebook page, a spokesperson said: "At 5.32am, officers attended a single-vehicle road traffic collision on the Sixteen Foot Bank.
“The driver of the silver Vauxhall Corsa walked away from the collision with just a 2cm cut to their head.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “An ambulance attended a road traffic collision at Sixteen Foot Bank just after 5.45am this morning.
“A male patient was assessed at the scene and did not require transportation to hospital.”
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'