Chaos as mobile home brings village to standstill
- Credit: Ely Standard readers
For once motorists had no option other than to ‘slow down’ on a village high street as a mobile home brought traffic to a standstill.
Eyewitnesses watching a mini drama unfold as the lorry transporting the mobile home through the village (just north of St Ives) decided on a 3-point turn.
It wasn’t necessarily one of his best ideas for a Monday – or indeed for any day.
“Total bedlam ensued,” said a motorist caught up in the jam.
It happened at 3pm but it is not clear how look it took to resolve itself.
“The driver of an extra wide vehicle tried to do a 3-point turn in the town centre,” said an eyewitness.
“It brought everything to a standstill.”
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 10 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
"The driver eventually reversed down the side of the old hotel in the centre of town and then drove up towards the garden centre."