Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- Credit: Google
A teenage motorcyclist was killed last night in a crash on Churchill Road, Wisbech.
The 19-year-old was riding a red Suzuki motorbike when he was involved in a crash with a white BMW 520D.
The incident happened at around 6.45pm at the junction with Elm Road.
The motorcyclist died at the scene, Cambridgeshire Police said today.
A police spokesperson said the driver of the BMW was unhurt “and is assisting with our enquiries”.
Anyone who saw the crash, or has any information or dashcam footage from the moments leading up to it, is urged to contact Cambridgeshire Police via their web chat here
Or witnesses can 101, quoting incident 411 of January 16.
The road was closed for some time last night following the crash.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 3 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 4 Litter pickers find large meat cleaver at West End Park in March
- 5 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 6 ‘Life threatening threats, extortion’ as travellers wreak havoc
- 7 Pictures show major lorry blaze on A16 near Cambridgeshire
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Ruth Neave: Who is Rikki Neave's mum and where is she now?
- 10 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
Police reported that road closures were put in place at the junctions of Churchill Road with Elm Road and Norwich Road.
And further closures were authorised at the junction of Churchill Lane and Weasenham Lane while police conducted an investigation.