North Bank Road in Whittlesey closes due to flooding
- Credit: © Terry Harris
North Bank Road alongside the River Nene is closed this morning due to flooding. River Nene
"Levels in the River Nene remain high following rainfall last week" according to a post on the website www.riverlevels.uk.
"During periods of high tide the river will be unable to discharge into the sea, resulting in tide lock conditions.
"This is likely to lead to localised flooding at North Bank Road. It is expected that this flood warning will remain in force for at least the next 48 hours and this message will be updated later.
"Whilst the flood warning is in force, the local authority will close North Bank Road.
You may also want to watch:
"Diversionary routes will be put in place and further updates will be available through local media."
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal