North Bank Road in Whittlesey closes due to flooding
- Credit: © Terry Harris
North Bank Road alongside the River Nene is closed this morning due to flooding. River Nene
"Levels in the River Nene remain high following rainfall last week" according to a post on the website www.riverlevels.uk.
"During periods of high tide the river will be unable to discharge into the sea, resulting in tide lock conditions.
"This is likely to lead to localised flooding at North Bank Road. It is expected that this flood warning will remain in force for at least the next 48 hours and this message will be updated later.
"Whilst the flood warning is in force, the local authority will close North Bank Road.
You may also want to watch:
"Diversionary routes will be put in place and further updates will be available through local media."
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic