North Bank Road in Whittlesey closes due to flooding
- Credit: © Terry Harris
North Bank Road alongside the River Nene is closed this morning due to flooding. River Nene
"Levels in the River Nene remain high following rainfall last week" according to a post on the website www.riverlevels.uk.
"During periods of high tide the river will be unable to discharge into the sea, resulting in tide lock conditions.
"This is likely to lead to localised flooding at North Bank Road. It is expected that this flood warning will remain in force for at least the next 48 hours and this message will be updated later.
"Whilst the flood warning is in force, the local authority will close North Bank Road.
"Diversionary routes will be put in place and further updates will be available through local media."
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 5 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 6 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 7 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show