North Bank Road in Whittlesey closes due to flooding
- Credit: © Terry Harris
North Bank Road alongside the River Nene is closed this morning due to flooding. River Nene
"Levels in the River Nene remain high following rainfall last week" according to a post on the website www.riverlevels.uk.
"During periods of high tide the river will be unable to discharge into the sea, resulting in tide lock conditions.
"This is likely to lead to localised flooding at North Bank Road. It is expected that this flood warning will remain in force for at least the next 48 hours and this message will be updated later.
"Whilst the flood warning is in force, the local authority will close North Bank Road.
You may also want to watch:
"Diversionary routes will be put in place and further updates will be available through local media."
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell