Morning trains cancelled due to ‘emergency services dealing with an incident’
- Credit: Archant
Train services across the region will be affected until at least midday following an emergency incident on the lines between March and Whittlesey.
Trains between Ely and Peterborough will be cancelled and revised and buses will operate between March, Ely and Peterborough this morning.
Greater Anglia tweeted: “Due to emergency services dealing with an incident between March and Whittlesea, all lines are blocked.
“Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 10:00.”
Although in an update from National Rail, they predict disruption will continue until at least 12pm this afternoon following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “All lines are currently blocked between March and Whittlesea whilst emergency services deal with an incident.
“Trains between Ely and Peterborough will be cancelled and revised, CrossCountry and East Midlands Railway services will not run between Ely and Peterborough.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 9 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
“Greater Anglia services will not run between March and Peterborough and we anticipate disruption will continue until 12:00.
“Buses have been requested to operate between Ely, March and Peterborough. These are expected to be made available from 09:00.”
East Midlands Railway customers may use the following services:
• Greater Anglia services between Norwich and Ely to help with journeys
• Greater Anglia between Norwich and London Liverpool Street, and then between London St Pancras and Nottingham.
• Great Northern between Ely and Hitchin / Stevenage, and then to and from Peterborough.
For more information, visit: www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/255888.aspx