Morning trains cancelled due to ‘emergency services dealing with an incident’
- Credit: Archant
Train services across the region will be affected until at least midday following an emergency incident on the lines between March and Whittlesey.
Trains between Ely and Peterborough will be cancelled and revised and buses will operate between March, Ely and Peterborough this morning.
Greater Anglia tweeted: “Due to emergency services dealing with an incident between March and Whittlesea, all lines are blocked.
“Train services running through these stations may be cancelled, delayed or revised. Disruption is expected until 10:00.”
Although in an update from National Rail, they predict disruption will continue until at least 12pm this afternoon following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson said: “All lines are currently blocked between March and Whittlesea whilst emergency services deal with an incident.
“Trains between Ely and Peterborough will be cancelled and revised, CrossCountry and East Midlands Railway services will not run between Ely and Peterborough.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
“Greater Anglia services will not run between March and Peterborough and we anticipate disruption will continue until 12:00.
“Buses have been requested to operate between Ely, March and Peterborough. These are expected to be made available from 09:00.”
East Midlands Railway customers may use the following services:
• Greater Anglia services between Norwich and Ely to help with journeys
• Greater Anglia between Norwich and London Liverpool Street, and then between London St Pancras and Nottingham.
• Great Northern between Ely and Hitchin / Stevenage, and then to and from Peterborough.
For more information, visit: www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/255888.aspx