Pedestrian dies at scene of A1 lorry crash
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
A pedestrian has died after a collision with a lorry on the A1 in Peterborough.
Officers were called at just before 1pm today (October 29) to the A1 northbound, just past Kate’s Cabin Café near Alwalton, with reports of a collision between a lorry and a pedestrian.
Officers and paramedics attended but the pedestrian died at the scene.
The road remains currently closed northbound at junction 17, and is likely to remain closed for some time.
Motorists are urged to avoid the area and seek alternate routes.
Anyone with information is urged to contact DCI Garry Webb of the BCH Road Policing Unit via web chat: https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw or online forms at www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 178 of 29 October.
Anyone without internet access should call 101. Always dial 999 in an emergency.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council