Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- Credit: FACEBOOK
Residents of Stonea could be without water until 10.30am because of a burst water main on the Sixteen Foot Bank that has caused a road closure.
The road has been closed between B1099 Upwell Road and B1093 Manea Road as a result of the disruption.
Anglian Water are on the scene and police say the road “will be closed for some time”.
Anglian Water said: "Some customers may have very low water pressure or no water at all.
"We've identified a burst water main in your area that we're working hard to get fixed, so that we can get your supply back to normal as soon as possible.
"Our engineers are classed as key workers and are continuing to do their jobs to find and fix problems like this and get things back to normal.
"They are following the latest government advice and social distancing to keep you and themselves safe.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
"Supplies should be restored by 10.30am today."