Success of hourly service from Manea puts Abellio Greater Anglia in line for national recognition
- Credit: Archant
Creating an hourly service for those using Manea rail station has put train operator Abellio Greater Anglia in line for a national award.
From December last year, when frequencies were increased, to March 15 the numbers using Manea station tripled to 1,205 compared to 386 in the same period a year earlier.
The 212 per cent rise has put Abellio in the frame for the ‘outstanding team work’ award at 10th annual Community Rail Awards in Scarborough on October 2.
The Manea project is on a short list with a scheme, also by Abellio, to develop rail travel in East Suffolk.
Abellio Greater Anglia, and the Community Rail Partnerships, with which it works to promote local and community train services in East Anglia, have been short-listed for seven awards at the Scarborough event.
You may also want to watch:
• Do you use the improved service? Tell us what you think? Let us know too if you support improved rail services in other parts of the area? email john,email@example.com
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours