Success of hourly service from Manea puts Abellio Greater Anglia in line for national recognition
- Credit: Archant
Creating an hourly service for those using Manea rail station has put train operator Abellio Greater Anglia in line for a national award.
From December last year, when frequencies were increased, to March 15 the numbers using Manea station tripled to 1,205 compared to 386 in the same period a year earlier.
The 212 per cent rise has put Abellio in the frame for the ‘outstanding team work’ award at 10th annual Community Rail Awards in Scarborough on October 2.
The Manea project is on a short list with a scheme, also by Abellio, to develop rail travel in East Suffolk.
Abellio Greater Anglia, and the Community Rail Partnerships, with which it works to promote local and community train services in East Anglia, have been short-listed for seven awards at the Scarborough event.
You may also want to watch:
• Do you use the improved service? Tell us what you think? Let us know too if you support improved rail services in other parts of the area? email john,firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down