Success of hourly service from Manea puts Abellio Greater Anglia in line for national recognition
- Credit: Archant
Creating an hourly service for those using Manea rail station has put train operator Abellio Greater Anglia in line for a national award.
From December last year, when frequencies were increased, to March 15 the numbers using Manea station tripled to 1,205 compared to 386 in the same period a year earlier.
The 212 per cent rise has put Abellio in the frame for the ‘outstanding team work’ award at 10th annual Community Rail Awards in Scarborough on October 2.
The Manea project is on a short list with a scheme, also by Abellio, to develop rail travel in East Suffolk.
Abellio Greater Anglia, and the Community Rail Partnerships, with which it works to promote local and community train services in East Anglia, have been short-listed for seven awards at the Scarborough event.
You may also want to watch:
• Do you use the improved service? Tell us what you think? Let us know too if you support improved rail services in other parts of the area? email john,firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless