Two vehicles in ditches after crash on A141 between March and Guyhirn
- Credit: Google Maps
Two vehicles ended up in ditches on either side of the road after a crash on the A141 between March and Guyhirn last night (August 4).
Police were called at 7:51pm to reports of a collision near Heritage Hall in Wisbech Road, Westry.
They arrived to find two vehicles, a Porsche Cayenne and a Vauxhall Corsa, in ditches on either side of the road.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “The man driving the Porsche had slight injuries and was in the vehicle when emergency services arrived.
“The driver of the Vauxhall was already out of the car and was ok.”
Police re-opened the road at just before 11pm.
A spokesperson from Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: "On August 4 at 7:56pm, two crews from March were called to a road traffic collision on Wisbech Road, Westry.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
"Firefighters arrived to find a car in a ditch with a casualty trapped inside.
"Using specialist equipment, firefighters released the casualty, before returning to their station by 9.50pm"