Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- Credit: Cambs Police
A 4x4 without insurance might have gone unnoticed save for one major error – the driver parked it opposite a police station!
Cambridgeshire Police were astonished when they simply had to walk across the road from their Parkside headquarters in the city centre to ‘book’ the Ford Thunder 4x4.
Police even managed to see a lighter side to their job.
“Why did the police officer cross the road?” they posted to social media.
“To get to the other side – and seize this vehicle, parked directly opposite Parkside Police Station with no insurance!”
On a more serious note, they added: “Driving without insurance is an offence that could land you with a hefty fine and points on your licence.
“You could also get your car seized or destroyed and, in some cases, be disqualified from driving.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 3 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
For good measure they added: “It’s no joke.
“And remember: we can’t be everywhere, but we could be anywhere… and we’re quite likely to be – yes, you guessed it: in a police station.”
Reader Brian congratulated them.
“Good to know you are willing to travel so far to catch an offender,” he posted.