Charity HGV convoy heads from Chatteris to Peterborough to support our NHS heroes - and they’ve already raised £14,000
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Over £14,000 has already been raised for NHS charities even before tonight’s convoy of lorries heads from Chatteris to Peterborough.
Organiser Danny Whitmore has promises from at least 70 HGVs to join him as they set out towards the city; they will congregate for the NHS clap by 8pm.
He said: “We aim to support the work of North West Anglia NHS Foundation Trust to ensure we are providing outstanding care to our local population.
“Providing the ‘added extras’, including facilities and equipment, to enhance the patient experience, support research programmes and the development of services.”
Danny said: “I am wanting to raise as much money as possible to give to the NHS at Peterborough district hospital to show our appreciation for all the hard work they have done and continue to do through such difficult times.”
You may also want to watch:
The convoy will pass through villages en route to Peterborough and all drivers have contributed a minimum of £10 to take part. Other donations though are flooding in,
We will be understanding of the restrictions and the health and safety guidelines by staying in our vehicles and keeping to the 2m safety distance if needed to leave the vehicles,” said Danny.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 10 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
“We will do a drive by on the hospital grounds so not to cause any obstruction, we will keep things moving. All I would like is a good show of vehicles and to raise as much money as we can for our fellow key workers”.