Train services improved across the eastern region in official launch of new nine year franchise
- Credit: Archant
The new Greater Anglia nine year rail franchise was officially launched in the region.
Major improvements, special ticket offer and modern trains are among the benefits to come between now and 2025.
Abellio subsidiary company Greater Anglia is starting the new nine-year franchise to provide passenger rail services to and from London across Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
People in East Anglia can now look forward to a £2 billion package of improvements to transform rail travel in the region.
Highlights include a complete fleet of brand new trains replacing every single train in the current fleet.
You may also want to watch:
There will be more services, faster journey times, 55 per cent more seats into London in the morning peak period and initiatives to improve punctuality from 89 per cent to almost 93 per cent.
There is to be £60 million of improvements in stations and new ticket options offering even better value for money.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire