TRAM-ENDOUS: Photograph of conductor seals Mel’s March Camera Club victory
THIS stunning picture of a tram conductor was enough to secure March Camera Club’s longest serving member victory in the annual print competition.
Mel Harris took the winning portrait image, entitled ‘The tram conductor’, during a visit to Crich Tramway Museum, in Derbyshire.
The club treasurer won three of the five sections in the 98 print entry competition, held at the Red Cross Hall, in March.
Judge David Hodgson, from Wisbech Camera Club, placed Mel’s natural history entry ‘Mating soldier beetles’ second and Richard Hull’s ‘Waiting for the tide - Pin Mill’ third.
Richard also won the action section with ‘No pain without gain’ – leaving Mel’s ‘Fence shadows’ as top print in the record section.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on March Camera Club visit: www.marchcameraclub.org.uk
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover