Travellers looking to expand Wimblington caravan site with five extra mobile homes proposed
- Credit: Archant
Travellers wants to expand a caravan site in Wimblington to accommodate their extended family.
The applicant has asked Fenland District Council for permission to redevelop land at The Spinney, Horsemoor Road, to provide pitches for an extended Irish traveller family.
The proposal would increase the number of caravans stationed on the land from two to six and the number of mobile homes would increase from one to five.
The site is already partly developed as a lawful caravan site - planning permission already exists for a residential mobile home and tourer on the land. The site also contains a building and barn.
The applicant said: “Gypsies may only have the right to register with a GP or obtain education if they have a settled base.
You may also want to watch:
“The application site will bring about these benefits for the applicant’s family, and is sustainable economically, socially and environmentally.
“There are no adverse impacts which demonstrate that the development should not be approved.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend