Très bien! Our visit to Wisbech this time was even more enjoyable thanks to Arles Festival
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend my wife and I were guests of our friends Councillors Alan and Brenda Lay.
We live in Ilford and have been friends for many years and make frequent visits to Wisbech.
This last visit was made especially enjoyable as we attended the festival in the market place on Sunday, which celebrated the twinning of your town with Arles.
Your French guests put on a delightful demonstration of national dances and I attach a photo of us with two of the lovely ladies.
I must also mention the lady singer who gave a wonderful rendition of nostalgic songs which had us all singing along.
You may also want to watch:
The festival certainly made our visit very enjoyable and one to remember. Well done to all involved in arranging the event.
BARBARA AND ALAN LANGER
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire