Tribute paid to man who died after being hit by vehicles on key Cambs road
TRIBUTE has been paid to a pedestrian who died after being hit by three vehicles on a key Cambridgeshire road.
Jim Burns, 43, and a father-of-three, was walking along the A142, Witchford Road, close to the Lancaster Way Business Park roundabout at about 12.15am last Sunday when he suffered fatal injuries after being struck by the vehicles.
A statement, released on behalf of Mr Burns’ family, said: “Jim was a devoted father and loving husband.
“He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life. He touched so many people’s lives with his love of, and contribution to, sports.”
Mr Burns, from Witchford, was a member of Ely Tigers Rugby Club.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision.
A grey Volvo V50, silver Fiat Ulysse and a blue Honda Civic were involved in the incident. None of the occupants of the vehicles suffered any injuries.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
Anyone with information should call Pc Steve Edwards on 0345 456 4564.