Tribute to departing Rev
HER visits to bowls clubs, shoe box appeals and the Festival of Crosses are just some of the successes highlighted in a fitting leaving tribute to the Rev Pam Bayliss - that even she didn t know about until a colleague read it out to her on the phone. Thi
HER visits to bowls clubs, shoe box appeals and the Festival of Crosses are just some of the successes highlighted in a fitting leaving tribute to the Rev Pam Bayliss - that even she didn't know about until a colleague read it out to her on the phone.
Thinking she would have already seen the latest edition of Trinity News, a colleague in the newsroom called her and went through the article, not realising that the Rev Bayliss on the other end of the phone was completely baffled.
"I don't know what you're on about. Who wrote this?" she said in surprise.
Just for the record, it was written by John Baxter, senior steward of March Trinity Church.
And, yes, the Rev Bayliss is leaving but not until August - and they've already got an unnamed replacement.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens