Tribute to Fenland carer killed in A141 crash
A CARER died when her car left a Fenland road on Saturday and entered a ditch.
Louise Draper 41, of Ingoldsby Close, March, was driving a blue MG TF sportscar which left the A141 near Wimblington, near to the junction at the B1093 Manea Road.
Tribute was paid to Louise by client Trevor Gehlcken who said: “Louise started her business Care4You a year ago and had been looking after my father, Harold Gehlcken, 94, of Green Street, March, since then.
“During that time she was an absolute treasure and did everything she could to make my father’s life comfortable.
“Nothing was too much trouble for her and she always went the extra mile without being asked. We were totally shocked to hear of her death and I’m sure I speak for all her clients when I say Louse will be sorely missed by us all.”
The crash took place at about 6.20pm. Police closed the road for four hours while carrying out investigations.
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the vehicle just prior should contact Pc Simon Burgin at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.”
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
• Tributes to Louise can be made below.