Tribute to Fenland carer killed in A141 crash
A CARER died when her car left a Fenland road on Saturday and entered a ditch.
Louise Draper 41, of Ingoldsby Close, March, was driving a blue MG TF sportscar which left the A141 near Wimblington, near to the junction at the B1093 Manea Road.
Tribute was paid to Louise by client Trevor Gehlcken who said: “Louise started her business Care4You a year ago and had been looking after my father, Harold Gehlcken, 94, of Green Street, March, since then.
“During that time she was an absolute treasure and did everything she could to make my father’s life comfortable.
“Nothing was too much trouble for her and she always went the extra mile without being asked. We were totally shocked to hear of her death and I’m sure I speak for all her clients when I say Louse will be sorely missed by us all.”
You may also want to watch:
The crash took place at about 6.20pm. Police closed the road for four hours while carrying out investigations.
A police spokesman said: “Anyone who witnessed the crash or saw the vehicle just prior should contact Pc Simon Burgin at the roads policing unit on 0345 456 4564.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
• Tributes to Louise can be made below.