Tributes lay at side of road where two men were killed in March collision
TEAR stained tributes and flowers line the road where two people were killed on Sunday morning.
Dominic (Dom) Illife, 24, of Boadicea Court, Chatteris, was on his way home with his sister’s boyfriend, James Kiely, when they were killed after the collision with a Vauxhall Astra van shortly after 3am on Wimblington Road, March.
Dom’s mother Samantha Taylor visited the site with her husband Paul Stratford, vice principal at Neale-Wade Community College, Dom’s father Bill and sister Abigail Iliffe.
Since Sunday morning friends and family have laid tributes to the pair at the site they were killed:
• RIP Dom. Everyone is going to miss you. You were the kindest person I have ever met. You were my first love and will always have a piece in my heart.
You may also want to watch:
In the four years we spent together we made so many memories and I will never forget them. I will miss you but I know God only takes the best! Sleep tight Babe, I love you.
• Dom you really are going to be missed. We’ve so many great memories of times we’ve spent together that’ll never be forgotten. Sleep tight. Lots of love.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Charlene and Barry
• Sleep tight Dom. You will always be in our hearts and our thoughts. We loved you lots.
Tina, Steve and Bethany
• Dom and James, missing you both very much. Dom - you were a legend at everything you do.
• Going to miss you Dom. You were a great friend - like a brother to me. I’ll always remember all the memories. Loved you mate, I’ll never forget you. I’m proud to have you as a best mate. Miss you so much.
• Sleep well Dom and James. Going to miss you millions. You were a true inspiration to all. Love you, true legend.
• Dom and James, missing you loads mate. You were a true legend if there ever was one. Thinking of you always.
Only a week ago, Miss Iliffe and James, 27, saw their baby for the first time when they had a 12-week scan. The couple, who live in London, were visiting family members in the Fenland town for the weekend after arriving on Friday.
Miss Iliffe posted on Facebook: “To my big brother Dom! I love you, thanks for always being there, such a great brother and a great person.
“I love you and I miss you and you will never be forgotten.
“To my lover, my boyfriend, daddy to baby Kiely and my best friend James! I love you more than you will ever know! Being with you and knowing you has been the biggest honour and pleasure of my life.
“I love you more than anything in this world and will never forget our time spent together. Your the best thing that ever happened to me and this baby will know you for the kind, loving, funny, honest gentlemen you are. I love you baby, kiss kiss. RIP boys, sleep tight xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”
James said on seeing his baby on the social networking site last week. He said: “Seen my baby for the first time today, so proud. Baby Kiely will be with us in six months. Abigail Iliffe - you have made me the happiest man alive xxx.”
Leave your tributes to Dom and James below.