Tributes paid following tragic death of former Wisbech Youth Town Council Elliott Johnson
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Conservatives have been paying tributes to Elliott Johnson a former chairman of the town’s youth council who sadly died yesterday (Tuesday)
The 21-year-old, who was the son of Wisbech Society chairman Ray Johnson and his wife, is believed to have taken his own life.
Elliott was formerly chairman of the North East Cambridgeshire Conservative Future group - the young Conservatives - before he went to study history at Nottingham University.
Debbie Clark, the former North East Cambridgeshire Conservative Association agent, paid tribute to Elliott.
She said: “I am absolutely shocked and devastated. He was so eccentric, he had an old head on young shoulders. He was so passionate about politics and I always thought he would go a long way in politics. I even imagined he could be Prime Minister one day. He was just so enthusiastic not just locally but nationwide. My sympathies go out to his family.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech councillor Steve Tierney wrote on his Facebook page: “Very sad today. Terrible, terrible loss. Rest in peace my friend.”
Wisbech Town Council also commented via the social media site and said: “We have just heard of the tragic death of former chairman of Wisbech Youth Council, Elliott Johnson,. He was always willing to help the local community. He will be sadly missed. Our thoughts are with his family and friends.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success