Tributes paid to 20-year-old Rhys Franklin who died on a Fenland road
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to a 20-year-old from Chatteris who died in a car crash on Sunday.
Rhys Franklin, 20, of Westbourne Road, Chatteris, was driving a green Vauxhall Corsa which left the B1050 Chatteris Road, Somersham, and ended in a field.
The car left the road close to Holwood Farm Cottages some time between 8.30am and 9am yesterday (Sunday). Mr Franklin died at the scene.
Rhys’s family and friends used social media sites to pay tribute to the Loughborough University student.
His mother Pauline Woodhams posted on her Facebook page: “This morning I lost my son. My heart is breaking ... Love you so much Rhys.”
You may also want to watch:
Sam Steel said: “We may not have shared a surname just yet but you were still my brother and we will all miss you more than you will ever know. RIP Rhys Franklin sleep well x.”
Ashley Ann Day also paid tribute: “Thinking about an amazing young man today. There was never a time when there wasn’t a smile on your face and I will never forget the crazy times we all spent together in our freshers year, including our tweeting fun at the Action awards!
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
“You were our friend, our hall chair and the self appointed Earl of Lashington! Gone but never forgotten. Rest in peace Rhys Franklin.”
Lucy Tunnard said on Facebook: “RIP Rhys Franklin, you will be deeply missed by many. Taken years before your time.”
A police spokesman said: “Police are investigating and would like to hear from anyone who saw the crash or the vehicle just prior.”
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact the roads policing unit on 101.