Tributes paid to 21 year-old girl killed as she cycled along Fenland road
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been paid to Lisa Wilson who died on Sunday night after being hit by a car.
Ms Wilson, 21, of Station Road, Warboys, was cycling along Ramsey Road, from Whittlesey to Pondersbridge, at about 8.30pm when she was in a crash with a Vauxhall Astra.
Paramedics from the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the East of England Ambulance Service treated Ms Wilson at the scene before taking her to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge.
A 17-year-old, also from Warboys, was cycling with her and suffered slight injuries.
Bernadette Vose said on Twitter: “Sleep tight Lisa Wilson, life is so unfair at times; my thoughts will always be with you.”
You may also want to watch:
Olivia Morgan also tweeted: “Taken far too young, RIP Lisa Wilson.”
The driver, a 68-year-old woman from Yaxley, was not injured.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
Police would like to speak to anyone who saw the cyclists or the car prior to the collision.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should call PC Pete Bimson in the roads policing unit on 101.