Tributes paid to mother and daughter shot dead - inquests open tomorrow (27)
- Credit: Instagram
Inquests into the deaths of three people from the same family shot dead in Spalding are due to open tomorrow (Wednesday 27).
Charlotte Hart, 19, and her mother Claire, 50, were killed near the Castle Sports Complex last Tuesday.
Lance Hart, 57, shot his wife and teenage daughter dead with a shotgun before turning the weapon on himself amid reports that he was struggling with the break down of his marriage.
The inquests are expected to be opened and adjourned at the South Lincolnshire Coroner’s Office in Boston.
A memorial page has been set up to raise funds for Wood Green Animal Shelter in memory of Charlotte and Claire and as a place where people can leave tributes to the popular pair.
You may also want to watch:
One person wrote that growing up with Charlotte, was “an absolute blessing” because she was “the cutest, sweetest little girl who grew up to be a genuinely caring beautiful young woman much like her mother Claire.”
“There was just an exceptionally kind nature about both of them and they will be extremely missed.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
Another who knew the pair from their horse riding said: “Over the time I knew Charlotte and Claire, they were always really happy and helpful people.
“Her and her mum’s smile used to light up the whole yard. I miss you both, rest in piece. You’ll never be forgotten.”
Another wrote: “We used to visit the family when they lived in Wisbech St Mary when the boys were small and then Charlotte came along, what a credit to their mum Claire.
“She was an amazing dedicated mum. It was always a happy home with animals and such happy children playing.
“We are stunned and so, so sad for you all.”
Friends of Mr Hart’s from his time living in March said they were shocked at reading events as they remember him as being one of the funniest men you could meet who they could not imagine doing this.
• Lincolnshire Police said Mr Hart did not hold a shotgun certificate or firearms licence and the background to where the weapon came from was an “active line of inquiry”.
Flowers and other tributes were left to the mother and daughter outside the family home in Hatt Close in the nearby village of Moulton, which was raided by police shortly after the shooting.