Tributes to motorcyclist who died in Valentine's Day collision
- Credit: Family
The family of Eric Gowler who was killed following a collision in March on Valentine’s Day have paid tribute to him.
“He would do anything to help anyone and he had a smile that would light up a room,” said his family.
Eric was killed just before 7.30pm on Wisbech Road and involved a car and his motorbike.
Eric, 34, of St Peters Road, March, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. The driver of the car was uninjured.
In tribute, Eric’s family said: “Eric was a much-loved son, father, brother and uncle. He was a friend to many and lived life to the full.
You may also want to watch:
“Both he and his son had a passion for anything with an engine.
“He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and we would like to thank all those who helped at the scene, and for all the tributes left for Eric - he had more friends than we knew.”
- 1 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 2 Town secures £1million funding for masterplan to make it 'thrive'
- 3 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 4 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 5 Councillor says MP Steve Barclay told Tories to return £10k lockdown grant
- 6 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 7 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 8 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 9 Pride of Whittlesey finalists revealed
- 10 Council plays its part to halt Covid infections in Fens hotspot
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should report this via the force’s web chat here: https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH, report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report/ or alternatively call 101, quoting incident 341 of February 14.