Tributes to motorcyclist who died in Valentine's Day collision
- Credit: Family
The family of Eric Gowler who was killed following a collision in March on Valentine’s Day have paid tribute to him.
“He would do anything to help anyone and he had a smile that would light up a room,” said his family.
Eric was killed just before 7.30pm on Wisbech Road and involved a car and his motorbike.
Eric, 34, of St Peters Road, March, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. The driver of the car was uninjured.
In tribute, Eric’s family said: “Eric was a much-loved son, father, brother and uncle. He was a friend to many and lived life to the full.
You may also want to watch:
“Both he and his son had a passion for anything with an engine.
“He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and we would like to thank all those who helped at the scene, and for all the tributes left for Eric - he had more friends than we knew.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should report this via the force’s web chat here: https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH, report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report/ or alternatively call 101, quoting incident 341 of February 14.