Tributes to motorcyclist who died in Valentine's Day collision
- Credit: Family
The family of Eric Gowler who was killed following a collision in March on Valentine’s Day have paid tribute to him.
“He would do anything to help anyone and he had a smile that would light up a room,” said his family.
Eric was killed just before 7.30pm on Wisbech Road and involved a car and his motorbike.
Eric, 34, of St Peters Road, March, suffered fatal injuries and died at the scene. The driver of the car was uninjured.
In tribute, Eric’s family said: “Eric was a much-loved son, father, brother and uncle. He was a friend to many and lived life to the full.
“Both he and his son had a passion for anything with an engine.
“He will be greatly missed by all who knew him and we would like to thank all those who helped at the scene, and for all the tributes left for Eric - he had more friends than we knew.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone who has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to the collision.
Anyone with information should report this via the force’s web chat here: https://bit.ly/2D9KFKH, report online via www.cambs.police.uk/report/ or alternatively call 101, quoting incident 341 of February 14.