Trikes R Us pour into Littleport for their 22nd year - and celebrated the bank holiday in style
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 300 biking enthusiasts piled into Littleport over the bank holiday weekend for a Trikes R Us convention.
The riders and supporters were celebrating their 22nd year in Littleport, home of Harley Davidson motorbikes.
And just like Littleport’s very own 363MCC, Trikes R Us was raising money for charity. This year they had collected a fantastic sum £1,100 which will be going towards a local charity NGNPUK (No Gain No Pain UK) for syringe drivers which are special devices used in palliative care when patients can no longer take medicine orally.
Reveller clearly enjoyed the sunshine playing loads of barmy games, sharing a bevy or three and comparing many mean machines specially polished for the weekend.
“We are always well looked after here in Littleport, and thanks to Littleport Leisure we can again enjoy ourselves in what is one of the best facilities for bikers in the country”, said the ‘Trikes R Us’ chair Ged.
He said he loves the camaraderie which comes from being part of one of the largest clubs in the country attracting members from Scotland, Ireland, Holland and Belgium.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival